Sunday, September 11, 2011

Mommy-to-go Breakfast Boxes

I made these cute Mommy-to-Go Breakfast Boxes for my kindergarten students to give to their Mom's for Mother's Day this year. (I'm a little late on posting I know) They were fun, cute and the Mom's loved that they got to grab, go and take them to the office in the morning. I picked up these Chinese carry-out type boxes from my local dollar store. (Great deal!) I put some tissue paper in the bottom then added some goodies for Mom to munch on. I put a banana, Nutri-grain bar, a homemade blueberry muffin, a chocolate chip cookie pop, a to-go coffee cup with lid, a hot chocolate packet and a tea bag. At school I had coffee,sugar, creamer, hot water and orange juice set up in the classroom. The Mom's could put whatever they wanted into their cup on their way out of the door. My students loved handing their Moms the boxes in the morning. This type of room event worked out well.Its hard to get away from work these days. It didn't take anytime from class or from Mom's work day. I lost a little but of sleep having to get to work at 6:00am but it was well worth seeing the Mom's excited and feeling well appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment