Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday!

Happy New Year everyone! In our family we are starting the year off celebrating two big milestones birthdays. We have a combined first and 50th birthday party to attend this Sunday. I had some free time this evening so I figured I throw together a quick card for the littlest birthday boy. If you know me then you would know that I usually wait until the day of the party to make a card so I feel very proud of myself for getting this done today. I enjoy doing kid cards the most I think so I chose to do this one first. I will post pictures the one I do for the 50th birthday later. I started by cutting the background paper for the card. I have a 12x12 stack of various birthday themed papers. I next cut the solid piece for the center band. I love my Simply Charmed Cricut cartridge and use it probably most often for parties. I cut the cake layers at 3.25 along with the number one. I quickly assembled the layers. After I took this picture I used pink chalk to highlight the cheeks on the cakes face. I used a Close To My Heart Stamp sentiment on the inside that says Have a Happy Birthday using teal ink from Stampin' Up. I can't wait to attach it to the present a give this little card away.

No comments:

Post a Comment