Sunday, January 15, 2012

Make A Wish Birthday Card


Skill level: Easy

I am very excited to share this card. Monday was my birthday and my husband surprised me with a Cricut Imagine. At first sight of this machine it was not one on my wish list. Now that I have one I don't know how I created without it. It's a bonus option for making cards and scrapbook layouts. It also makes making cards with many layers fast to craft and put together. I started out by cutting and folding to make a 4 1/2 x 5 1/2 card. I layered a slightly smaller brown piece of Reflections cardstock on top. I cut yet another slightly smaller rectangle using Reflections cardstock Cool blue and using my Sizzix Texture Boutique embossed the Happy Birthday images onto it. I love the Yummy Imagine cartridge. Using it I chose the Make a Wish banner and the birthday cake. Using the layer function on the Make a Wish banner I changed the color of the E and I to orange. (See, great options) This card is for my nephew and he doesn't want any part of the color pink so orange was a better fit here. I cut it at 1.5 and the cake at 2.5 on the Imagine. I used pot dots to attach both cut outs and tada! The inside sentiment says, " It's your birthday CELEBRATE" using Close to my Hearts Card Chatter stamp set. Happy Sunday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment